Using Content on the Asia Think Tanks OAR
The site offers two primary means of finding content:
- BROWSE—The browse function is available in the upper left-hand side of the site. Users can browse through the content by collection, author, date published, themes or titles. The browse function is useful when a user simply wishes to find out what content is available.
- SEARCH—The search function is available on the upper right-hand corner of the site. Users of the OAR can search in a similar way to web search engines and can search content by collection, title, or keyword. A list of publications that match the search terms will be displayed. Users can further refine the search results using the filters within the advanced search or by browsing using the faceted terms on the right-hand side such as author, theme, subject, topic, date, volume, series, abstract, or location.
OTHER SITE FEATURES
The ATT OAR provides additional functionality such as:
- a permanent uniform resource identifier, which is a permanent address for digital objects on the internet and will allow users to cite the reference back to the OAR site;
- links to citations on Google Scholar;
- a special icon highlighting items that are marked by ATT as Major Knowledge Products;
- a list of related publications when users are viewing item pages; and
- links to data sets used by the Asian Development Bank and other partners.
HARVESTING THE OAR
The ATT OAR supports the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH). This allows for download of the metadata either for the entire repository, a specific collection or an individual item.
Other OAI-PMH-compliant repositories can harvest metadata in the OAR. Once the metadata from the OAR has been merged into another repository, users on those sites will be able to search, discover, and click through to access all publications.
SUBSETS OF THE OAR
Any OAI-PMH-compliant repository can harvest specific publications or a subset of the publications available on the OAR. This is done through “virtual sets” based on predefined search queries and/or filters.
For support in downloading subsets of the metadata, please contact OARSupport@adb.org